FAIR WINDS GALA: AN AUTUMN EVENING ON HOYT LAKE
Saturday, September 30, 2023 | 6:00pm - 9:00pm
The Terrace at Delaware Park | 199 Lincoln Pkwy, Buffalo, NY 14222
The Buffalo Maritime Center is pleased to announce the second annual Fair Winds Gala: An Autumn Evening on Hoyt Lake. This year, we will honor a founding BMC Board Member, leader, and craftsman, Richard A. Wiesen.
New this year: The gala will take place at the Terrace at Delaware Park, well known for its majestic views of Delaware Park, the Buffalo History Museum, and the Buffalo AKG Art Museum. The event will feature an open bar, hors d’oeuvres, and food stations overlooking the fleet of BMC boats in Hoyt Lake including the new Lake Erie shallop Endeavour that was built by an exceptional crew of volunteers led by Dick Wiesen.
Our silent auction will feature unique items and experiences, and all proceeds will benefit the Buffalo Maritime Center and its educational programming.
A sunset champagne toast on the patio will honor Dick Wiesen, who has given his experience, energy, and dedication to the community by preserving maritime culture and craftsmanship at the Buffalo Maritime Center since its foundation.
About the Fair Winds Gala:
- Hors d’oeuvres, food stations + open bar throughout the course of the evening
- Silent auction featuring unique items and experiences
- Sunset champagne toast honoring Dick Wiesen
- One ticket: $150 | Two tickets: $250
- BMC Members receive a discount on all tickets purchased
- Honorary Gala Chair: John Montague, BMC Founder and President Emeritus